almost 6 years ago
It's only 1 big sleep to the Hackathon!!
We recommend you get your development environments up and running prior to the event in order to make the best possible use of your time at the Hackathon.
Step 1: You must be Registered for BlueMix. https://console.ng.bluemix.net/registration/
- At the event registration desk in the PorterShed on Friday evening, we will be allocating official IBM Bluemix Promo-Codes, which will extend your time (90 Days) and resources (10 Services, 4GB Memory) on IBM Bluemix.
- At the hackathon we will be handing out Texas Instruments Sensor tags these connect easily to the Watson IoT platform
- In advance there is a "Play with your platform now" section that describes how to feed data to bluemix from your own device (Phone, Raspberry Pi)
- If you have Mars, then that will run also.
- Complete this by going to https://eclipse.org/
- Maven is required to build and run some of the sample applications we will work with.
- Complete this by going to http://www.eclipse.org/m2e/
- Complete this by going to https://console.ng.bluemix.net/docs/cli/index.html#downloads
- What is cURL - https://curl.haxx.se/
- For Mac - http://macappstore.org/curl/
- For Ubuntu - https://www.howtoinstall.co/en/ubuntu/xenial/curl
- For Win - https://curl.haxx.se/download.html
- cf login (Supply your username and password to login, You will be prompted to select your org and dev space).
- cf ic login (Again supply your credentials to work with your containers)
We're here to help. If you have any questions about the hackathon, post on the discussion forum and we'll respond as soon as we can.
Looking forward to seeing you all this Friday!
The Ireland Watson IoT Hackathon Team.